Sr. Director of Sales, Food Service
Location: Remote U.S.;Remote U.S.
Reference ID: N/A
Are you a dynamic results-oriented sales leader with hands on leadership in the Cheese and Dairy Ingredient Industry? Our client, a global leader in the industry is seeking a Sr. Director of Sales, Food Service.
The Sr. Director of Sales, Food Service is responsible for growing sales and profitability in the Foodservice segment. This role leads a sales team focused on technologies to a select number of “partner and growth” accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and grow sales of customized cheese technologies to a select number of “partner and growth” accounts
- Facilitate Top-to-Top meetings with Partner/Growth accounts and with management
- Report on business needs identified within their respective segment that would enhance the selling environment and customer experience
- Deliver on annual sales budget for profitability and volume
- Identify and manage obstacles within respective sales team that may impede sales activity
- Promote cross collaborative relationships within the sales team and across the company
- Manage day to day communication to salespeople and non-strategic segment customers
- Define, organize, and execute foodservice go-to-market strategy to drive volume and margin growth in sustainable foodservice market segments
- Generate non-strategic pricing aligned with company benchmarks as needed for accounts in segment focus
- Review and approve/reject customer sample requests as they arise using established value/volume metric
- Assist team in identifying and pursuing prospective accounts that meet volume and value criteria
- Identify and provide training needs to team members in an effort to build skill sets necessary for the team, provide for an enhanced professional experience, and to plan for potential succession scenarios
- Support sales team members on non-strategic communications involving Key and Associate accounts
- Ensure internal reporting and communications are timely, accurate, and informative
- Goal setting – Ensure that all direct reports have performance goals that are aligned with the overall business performance
- Performance management – Proactively manage the performance of their direct reports providing timely feedback through ongoing coaching, mid-year, and year end performance reviews
- Development planning – Continuously focus on the development of the team, both to improve short term performance and goal achievement while also focus on long term career development. Particular focus is needed on successor and high potential development
- Talent Acquisition – When needed, partner with Human Resources to acquire top talent that will drive organizational performance.
- Values – Serve as a role model of company core values and ensure that the sales team's values.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Science, or related field
- 10+ years’ experience as a successful direct salesperson selling food, and ideally dairy products, as an ingredient, to food manufacturers and food service distributors
- Extensive contacts with R&D, Purchasing and Marketing personnel at major domestic food distributors and manufacturers
- Ability to travel 2+ weeks per month.
- Excellent people relationship skills.
- Excellent analytical, verbal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Remote Position: preferably in the Mid-Western U.S.
***All applications must be accompanied by a current professional resume!