District Sales Manager-CPG Remote Baltimore, MD
Location: Remote Baltimore, MD
Reference ID: N/A
Are you currently working in the CPG space with strong people management skills? Our client, a CPG leader in the Pet Food Industry, is seeking a District Sales Manager in the Greater Baltimore, Maryland market. The District Sales Manager will lead and develop a team of customer development professionals focused on achieving the business objectives within veterinary clinics, hospitals and specialty pet retail stores.
The position is accountable for the development of your team and to grow overall consumption, district market share, achieve volume and dollar sales plan, build customer relationships, sales and promotion execution, merchandising support, and overall delivery of services and products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define objectives and priorities for your direct reports in alignment with regional/local priorities and communicate regularly to ensure clear expectations.
- Establish and monitor individual performance against sales objectives and key performance indicators
- Set call productivity goals by territory, communicate expectations to direct reports
- Develop area business plans and support team to develop customer actions to achieve territory/district objectives
- Partner with external customer operations managers and respective colleagues to build relationships, align on key important metrics, and develop/implement specific activities
- Demonstrate expertise in selling/negotiating and managing complex customer situations
- Lead district budget to execute brand strategy through prioritization of customers to achieve targets, effectively balancing the needs of customers and the company’s overall commercial objectives
- Understand customers’ strategies, priorities and needs that impact sales and take them into consideration when building commercial plans
- Consistently deliver the fundamentals of customer engagement requirements and use business analytics to drive fact-based conversations and improve credibility
- Elevate issues/opportunities when barriers challenge achieving business results
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 8+ years prior CPG sales experience
- 3+ years key account management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office required
- Ability to travel, including up to 30% overnight stays
- Remote: Greater Baltimore, MD, Philadelphia, PA or Washington, D.C.
***All applications must be accompanied by a current professional resume!