Regional Sales Manager-Foodservice & Specialty Ingredients
Location: Remote Greater Denver, CO
Reference ID: N/A
Are foodservice and specialty ingredient sales your passion? Looking to join a growing company whose products are manufactured in the U.S.? Our client, a food manufacturing company, that supplies food ingredients to foodservice and industrial markets, is searching for a Regional Sales Manager for their Northwest to Midwest regions.
The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for managing sales throughout NW/MW regions by working with brokers, regional chain accounts and distributors to build sales in this important market area. The position will manage both the foodservice business (Sysco, US Foods, etc.), as well as, specialty distributor markets. The Regional Sales Manager will provide strategic direction and implementation of all sales programs in the region, as well as, assist in the development of the overall company strategic plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Vice President of Sales to develop strategic direction and key projects for the region
- Manage all aspects of the brokers from product training, setting priorities, joint sales calls, tradeshows, distributor management, sampling, creating sales incentive programs and making calls on key regional and national chains
- Working independently to make sales calls on key customers and develop new opportunities as needed which could be outside the broker responsibility, such as, industrial and specialty distributors
- Expand sales and build long term customers
- Manage sales expenses and distributor marketing spending
- Develop and present new product ideas to management based on customer requests and market opportunity
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 5-10+ years’ experience in foodservice sales with manufacturing companies, brokers and distributors
- Bachelor’s degree in business preferred or equivalent foodservice sales experience
- Culinary experience a plus
- Broker management experience a plus
- B2B sales experience to industrial accounts, foodservice distributors and national or regional chain account restaurants
- Dual language abilities a plus but not required
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally with a diverse group at varied levels
- Proficient in the use of MS Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other like software
- Required travel 35-50%
- Position is remote within the Northwest to Midwest region
****All applications must be accompanied by a current professional resume!