Director of Sales-Foodservice
Location: Remote Northeastern U.S.
Reference ID: N/A
Are you looking to join a leader in the Foodservice Industry that values quality, product development, the environment, and the importance of a positive culture and work environment? Our client, a leader in the canned food sector, is currently searching for a Director of Sales-Foodservice Division.
The Director of Sales leads the Foodservice Sales Team and is responsible for achieving assigned product sales volume and profit objectives. This role coordinates sales programs, promotions and marketing events through the Regional Sales Managers, as well as, at selective Corporate and Distributor Group accounts. The Director of Sales-Foodservice Division reports directly to the Vice President of Sales & Marketing. This position is remote however candidate is required to reside in the Northeastern United States.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage relationships and sales activities with specific Foodservice buying groups and Corporate headquarter accounts
- Conduct regular account business reviews
- Participate in group and corporate account food shows, buying conferences and attend industry seminars and events
- Communicate company pricing, promotions, and marketing programs
- Coordinate sales activity of the Regional Managers
- Manage assigned Region
- Develop Business with National Chain Accounts
- Negotiate marketing programs
- Monitor pricing and promotional offers from Regional Sales Managers to ensure profitability
- Train Regional Sales Managers and Brokers
- Manage travel expenses of Regional Sales Managers
- Develop business with manufacturer/industrial accounts
- Manage custom product development process
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 10 years Foodservice Sales experience
- 3+ years of Foodservice Team Leadership experience
- Foodservice Distribution experience required
- Experience calling on Corporate and Group headquarter accounts is required
- Knowledge of the Food Industry and Foodservice
- Must be analytical and have strong interpersonal communication skills
- BS/BA degree
- Significant travel required, approximately 50%
- Good physical and mental health, sound judgement and high moral standards and a sincere desire to work with individuals from varied backgrounds
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Current experience with Key Northeastern Foodservice accounts preferred
- Remote location- Northeastern U.S.
***All applications must be accompanied by a current professional resume!