Food Label and Packaging Compliance Manager/Product Development
Location: Greater Seattle, WA
Reference ID: N/A
Our client, a rapidly growing Importer in the Food Industry, is searching for an exceptional individual for the position of: Food Label and Packaging Compliance Manager and Product Development. This position is located in the Greater Seattle, Washington area.
This role manages graphics needs including label compliance and manages new product development for the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor design on branded products including website
- Supervise design, production art, and prepress production performance while maintaining project status for customers & company branded items
- Gather artwork details to create graphic requests including die lines, printer specs, product specs, nutritional information & product claims
- Review & advise on product information received for artwork; calculate nutritional values
- Manage timelines/workflow for all artwork projects
- Oversee proofing process for all product artwork with internal & external contacts to ensure accuracy of content
- Liaison between various suppliers & customers for all artwork review
- Work with purchasing to gather all information as required by various customers i.e., certifications needed, specific paperwork which is customer specific, etc.
New Product Development:
- Look for products that make sense for company and as requested by sales
- Research of producer & product
- Communication with producer
- Presentation development
- Qualifying suppliers and products including gathering of product info such as specs & costing
- Collection and management of certifications i.e., GFSI, Non-GMO, Organic, Fair Trade etc. as it relates to the products managed
- Create entire packet for sales to make customer presentation
- Assist existing purchasing staff on development of line extensions if requested.
- Supplier price negotiations on new products
- Point person for all suppliers & customers for management of certifications i.e., Non-GMO, Organic, Fair Trade, Kosher, etc.
- Key point person in communicating with certification bodies when necessary or with packers to discuss these certifications
- Liaison between customer & the company for product info & label development
- Create sell sheets on new items for sales team to use for presentation purposes
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Follow and ensure compliance to prescribed federal, state, and international food packaging regulatory requirements
- 5 + years’ experience working with food certification bodies i.e., Non-GMO, Organic, Fair Trade, Kosher, etc.,
- Expertise in food label and packaging compliance is required
- Understanding of product certifications is a must
- 5+ years’ experience in product specification and costing
- Travel to shows and plants as needed
- Oversee Graphic Artist (1 person)
- Thrive in a fast pace environment
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Marketing and/or Graphic Design
***All applications must be accompanied by a current professional resume!